Thursday, February 23, 2012

Work...it's not for the weak...

I only have a part time job, but boy is it kicking my butt...

I appreciate the fact that I HAVE a job, work with people I really like AND I REALLY LIKE what I do...I am a glorified "office Bitch" but I am damn good at it and it works for us all...Basically the job I left 12 years ago to be a stay at home mommy needed help...not enough work to bring in a full timer, but too much for the crew they had...so the office manager (who also happens to be my favorite sister in law) called and asked if I would be interested...they knew I could do the job, would only require a refresher on how things get done now and that I would sacrifice a big ol' wage for the flexibility of staying home with sick kids/volunteering at school, etc. when I needed to

It is a TOTAL win-win situation : )

It also doesn't suck having a paycheck every week either...but boy is the housework and the meal planning here suffering greatly.  I am so tired after running kids to school, going to work, coming home to pee and let the dog out before I jump back in the car to go pick up kids...then they start immediately start asking for food and if we can go do something...ummmm - no!  Homework, dinner, baths and bed please.

I know I will get into a rhythm that works for us all, but lately when I do have a day off, I just sit around and stare at the walls about, surf the web and hit the thrift stores...and now that I am on pinterest...yikes!

Tomorrow I have a full day off, going to sign my kinder up for after school care, have breakfast with my friends, hit some thrift stores and some 99 cents only stores, grocery shop and come home and try and get a meal going in the crock pot with fresh ingredients and just keep going with the baby steps of purging and organizing...it is getting better, but I grow impatient...

No comments:

Post a Comment