Monday, August 22, 2011

Face to face

In an attempt to get back to basics and cut the technology cord (a tiny bit anyway)  I set up a lunch date with the hubby and the kiddos.  Of course we did have to text back and forth a bit to get the time and place down (I didn't want to call and interrupt his work and with texting he can get me back when it works for him) 

For such a little thing, it seems like we accomplished quite a bit:
He got out of the office and all of the stress that comes with it (poor guy works IT, I think that says it all)
We got out of the house
We went to a FANTASTIC sandwich place in San Diego (I have been going there for about 15 years)
Had a great tasting, freshly made sandwich off of a real plate.
Supported a local/family owned and operated business
We spent time together as a family : )

I could get used to this, but maybe next time I will pack up a picnic and meet him at a park...otherwise I'm gonna have to get a real job : )

No comments:

Post a Comment