Friday, November 4, 2011

I can't feel my finger tips

I have been working on a project at home for the office...it requires me to use a hot gluegun AND superglue...between the two of them I have lost most of the feeling in my fingertips...the ones that aren't glued together...

I have to glue carpet, base, VCT and paint samples to a large piece of "book-looking" cardboard that folds up nicely and represent 6 different color palettes for new tennants moving into new office spaces...been kind of using it as a life lesson for my kids...

11 year old:  Sooooo...you are pretty much gluing pieces of carpet into that book, huh?!
Me: yes
11 year old: ooookkkaayyyy (said with a slight look of uncertainty)
Me:  Make sure you go to college, ok?
11 year old:  uhh, yep (said with conviction)

I did go to college for a bit...until my scholarships ran out...the free money was the only reason I went to school in the first place..didn't know what I wanted to be (didn't want to waste the parents money)...still not really sure once you get past the "Mom" thing...I am a kind of Jack-of-all-Trades and Master of None.  I really love organizing other people and doing the crafty thing, but I never stick with anything long enough to "master" it...I burn fast, bright and then o-u-t!

One day I will figure it out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment