Friday, August 30, 2013

BUT I SAID I'M SORRY...REALLY, REALLY SORRY!!!!!

It is a hope of mine that my seven year old will one day soon realize that screaming "I'm Sorry" at the top of her lungs does not an apology make
I hope she also learns that some things actually ARE her fault - and very rarely her sister's
And that she will talk to us with respect
She will not raise her voice and
she will not stomp her feet when she heads up to her room
I also hope that she figures out that when I say go to your room - that isn't the best time to ask for another chance...because she has already had 2...we go the baseball rout with 3 strikes in this house.
I have no idea where some of this behavior comes from all of the sudden...
I think she is emulating her 13 year old sister...
so that means in our house we have
a 7 year old going on 13
a real 13 year old
a dad who hates his job and works too many hours
and a peri-menopausal mom that just went back to work
oh, yeah...school stated back this week too

No comments:

Post a Comment