Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ready to embrace routine....

Back to school is almost here!
YES!
Get to find out who the little one gets for a teacher tomorrow night and then find out the 8th grader's schedule on Thursday.
 
I love that my kids are in a charter school system...but man we have to work for it.
if you don't show up to the meeting to fill out and turn in all of your paperwork and emergency contact info, you don't get their STAR tests results from previous year, don't know who their teacher is AND will lose their spot.
I honestly don't know what folks that have both parents working do around modified days, teacher work days, week long quarter breaks and so on
 
When I was young we went to school every day, ALL day long, had a few Federal holidays off, Christmas break (NOT Winter Break!) and Spring Break and I think for the most part turned out ok.
 
Now it's half day here, half day there, assemblies every time you turn around and don't forget the fund raisers!
 
ok, changed my mind...I'm not ready for them to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment