Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mental Illness and Heart attacks...out of the frying pan and into the fire

So my mom had to cancel her psych appointment to take my dad to the emergency room...
have I mentioned that one of the things that may have led her to "vacation" was the constant care of and fear of my dad dying at any given moment?!
 
His heart kept stopping and his enzymes were a little elevated, but them let him go...
he is quite famous at several local area hospitals for a variety of reasons, the most blatant one being that he is still alive. 
 
My mom has always been my source of information on how they are doing while my dad has always sugar coated the issue...
for example...
Dad:  I'm going in for a little procedure.
Mom:  His going to have a cow artery inserted into his forearm for dialysis
 
And now I have to depend on my dad for info on my mom.
he hasn't even looked at the paperwork from when she was released...we don't even know her diagnosis
my guess is bi-polar
and some of her cognitive tests indicate early signs of dementia...
 
so who knows, maybe her little breakdown helped them get an early diagnosis for the dementia and she can actually get some treatment that can help.
 
They only upside of this so far is that I am actually developing a relationship with my brother...it's a little late in coming, but I think we are both okay with that...he actually just called me while I was typing this to see if I was okay
 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment