Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And the hits keep coming

Just when I think my mother in law is finished being a total biatch...she steps it up a notch...

Apparently there was a lovely gathering this weekend at her home with all six of her children and their significant others...oh wait, Ms Iz wasn't there because she just had a baby a bit ago...and oh yeah - we weren't invited...

WHATEVER!!!!!

I don't really care what she thinks about me, really I don't - I couldn't possibly make everyone happy all the time and I refuse to change who I am to fit into anyone's plans...if I'm not going to change who I am for my husband, why the hell should I change for her?!

What do I care about?  The way she ignores my husband and that my kids are missing out being with their cousins as a group.  We have always hung out with everyone on our own, but they are missing the drama dogpile that is family BBQ with everyone...
Also, the hubby didn't even do anything...and I do mean ANYTHING!  She yelled at me and stopped talking to him...doesn't even make eye contact with him at church...that's right you heard me AT CHURCH....no wonder so many people out there in the world think that Christians are hypocratic losers - yikes!  Not saying that I am the poster child for Christianity, but I can turn the other cheek when needed, I don't preach at others (at all, really) and just try to treat others the way I want to be treated. 
So much of who I am boils down to respect...respect who I am and what I am doing (whether you agree with it or not) and I will do the same for you.  Disrepect me and "Bye - bye".  Life is too short and way too complicated these days for me to deal with people that can't even follow the most basic of Kindergarten rules.
Whew, I may not feel any better really, but it nice to take an emotional dump out here in cyberspace...

2 comments:

  1. =(
    Sorry, that is just awful. I've read some of the past stuff, and it is just an absolute shame that they have to be that way.

    LPM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LPM, it is awful, but at least I can vent a little out here (keeps my head from exploding) and I am grateful for your sympathetic ear :)

    ReplyDelete