Sunday, March 20, 2011

sooo close, I can almost taste it....

and I can definitely SMELL it!  I found a Rustoleum product that is a 2 part epoxy paint to help rescue the FAIL that has been our attempt at bathroom remodeling...I guess there is a reason we were renters for so long...
The fake "cocoa" colored cultured marble is now white and STINKS!!!!  It totally has that trailer park feel that is so much a part of my life (i.e. - it has some bumps and what I do believe is hummingbird poop imbedded in the final product)  Oh well, it ain't pretty, but it's mine and now we will be able to get a buzz while we are taking care of nature's basic needs.  It can't be exposed to water for three days (and you are supposed to use this to refinish a bathtub...duh-winning!) so we can't start putting the sucker back together until Monday afternoon...I think I will start the process and glue the vanity top down, so that even if the hubby hates it - he'll be kind of stuck with it ; )

Depending on what the outlook is and whether or not I can get a picture off without actually being in it - I might post one or two of the finished...we'll see, it will probably take us a year to get it finished...but my mom will be here in three weeks, so I am sure that will light a fire up under my man's undercarraige!

No comments:

Post a Comment