Friday, September 9, 2011

Disaster preparedness FAIL!!!!!

Soooo yesterday afternoon as I was picking up my 6th grader ALL of the power went out in San Diego County...and parts of Orange County...and parts of Baja (Mexico)...about 5 million of us in the same boat from what I have read this morning.  Did I mention that is was 104 here yesterday?!

Well we muddle thru it in typical trailer park fashion...robbed media remote controls and cameras for AA batteries for flashlights, brought out all the partylite candles and used the radio app on my hubby's smart phone...UGH!!!!  I have been living away from my hurricane prepared self for way too long.  Although I do have to admit to a strong urge to fill the bathtub with water : )  (got to flush them toilets you know!)

So in an effort to circumvent the mass hysteria that is probably Walmart today...I am heading to IKEA for some of my supplies...shhhhh - don't tell : )

No comments:

Post a Comment