Saturday, September 3, 2011

An Ode to my Ex...

At first...I knew you
Then...I loved you
Then...you crushed me and left me alone with nothing (seriously - you took the fucking plates and lamps...)
ok...maybe not "nothing" but half my shit went out the door and into your truck
With no explanation
Just
"I don't love you anymore"
Then...we tried to be friends
And...it kind of worked
Then...you started dating the girlfriend of your best friend that had just died and it got kind of weird
You sent me a postcard and invited me to a birthday lunch
Our birthdays are 2 days apart
Your dead best friend's girlfriend that is now your girlfriend said she wanted to talk to me one night at a show
I did
The next night at a gig you grabbed me by the back of my head and said I was a "fucking cunt"
I spent the better part of the next decade and a half trying to figure out what was wrong with me
Always took things personally because...
Maybe "this" is why you broke up with me...maybe I shouldn't do this or that so Jim doesn't leave me too...
I never knew why I got dumped
I never knew why you stoppped loving me
I never knew what she told you
I never knew what she could have possibly told you that would make you see me that way
(Bitch I will accept with no explanation, but if you call me a cunt, please have a reason)
I wasted so much of my life and my marriage wondering if what i did or could do was wrong because I was afraid that I would do "it" again and get left alone
And then one day I figured it out
It was you, you piece of shit
Never me, always you
You never gave me a reason because there was none
I am ok
I always was ok
There is not one fucking thing wrong with me
Thank you for being the total self serving dick you were and getting out of my life so that I could find the One that I am supposed to
Be with
Love with
Grow with
Have kids with
Fight with
Cry with
Make up with
Laugh with
LIVE with


No comments:

Post a Comment