Sunday, October 16, 2011

The short end of the stick...again

So...I am taking a break from the house cleaning/purge session while my hubby is off flying to Hawaii...again...for those of you keeping track, this is his 3rd time this year.  He has a butt load of work to do once he gets into work tomorrow, but come on folks...it's Hawaii!!!!  I shouldn't bitch, I mean I do live in southern California for Pete's sake...but I guess when you live in a fantastic place, you can forget how fantastic it really is...

The up side for me in all of this is that I clean/purge MUCH BETTER when the hubby isn't around.  I can walk away from a mess, surf the web, blog, read...whatever and not feel pressured to get it finished up quickly.  I am trying to get everything the way I want it and that works well for us and purging the house in the meantime for a homeless outreach project the 6th grade is participating in  : )

My sixth grader struggles in school and is having a hard time focusing at home so I am redoing her room with a less is more kind of approach.  Storing things in plan sight in the many, many boxes my mom bought her (they had the same design theme)  and storing away some of the things that she has outgrown but doesn't want to give to her sister or part with.  She hasn't been using the electronic drums, so I think I will make a slipcover type object for those.  You know how when your driving and you "just happen" to look at the odometer when it has a pattern or rolls over?  Our eyes see everything and just let our brain in on the the good and interesting stuff and I am just trying to get rid of some of the "static" in her room.  Her room looks a lot bigger and I am hoping stays cleaner longer...one can only hope...

The little one's room will be a lot more challenging and I will be working on my own personal "Sanford and Son" disaster bedroom when they are asleep...I'll pop in a dvd and start going thru the piles of crap that have been accumulating on either side of the bed...the closet and the dressing area...

Oh well, I have 6 days to get it done...gonna try for 4!!!!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment