Friday, October 7, 2011

Working for a living...there's a reason they call it work

I wouldn't do this shit for free and I don't call it fun.

My hat is off to all you mothers out there that work full time, go to school, do anything outside the maintenance and well being of your children.  How do you friggin' do it?!  Yes, being a stay at home mom is the most difficult job I ever had...but combining that with a 20+ hours a week job the opposite direction from home and school is going to kick my butt in a serious way.  It's a butt kicking I needed and I am hoping in the meantime the size of my actual butt will decrease from all the running around, we can actually put money in the bank and put away the plastic.  Get rid of some debt, get rid of some weight and just get my shit together.

I work extremely well under certain types of stress.  I will not have the time to put off cleaning/organizing and purging my home.  I am going to spend most of this weekend finalizing each room of the house and getting them the way I want and then that's it...dusting, vacuuming, laundry and grocery shopping only from now on. 

I have fallen into the rut of cleaning the kitchen the day after I make 3 square meals...while I'm trying to make the next days feasts...I am going to have clean as I go from now on...not going to have time to clean shit up.  I know that I am not a great self-motivator and I have been creating messes and organizational disasters in my home so that I have something to "fix"  so I can see something that I accomplished.  Unfortunately this way of life also leads me into depression and then I don't want to clean up the mess around me that I created...vicious circle that I no longer have time for...I'm going to get my pretty, clean house back and I am going to ask the gang of monkeys that live here to help me take care of it.

I am still at stay at home mom...I just have a job that pays while the kiddies are in school.

On the job front note:  They asked me to come back for 2 weeks and work as much as  I could...5 days into it I was asked if I would stay and work up to 30 hours per week and given a big ol' raise!!!!!  I said yes : )
I know my family loves me, but they don't always appreciate me.  It has been nice to know that people do appreciate me and my abilities and are willing to put their money where their mouth is : )

1 comment:

  1. we are both blogging the same subject!!! funny.
    Congrats on the job extra. Save for the holidays and buy yourself something cool.

    I don't know how YOU do it. but you do, don't you?

    ReplyDelete