Thursday, January 26, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...

I am trying...to stay focused AND motivated...

The MASSIVE purge continues - I haven't been able to get to the downstairs craft closet yet...

But, I have  :

Cleaned out a 55 gallon trash bag FULL of stuff from the girl's rooms to be donated to thrift store - yes, you read that right!  It's one of those industrial strength black trash bags - you know the kind that when you see them pull one out in a movie - that someone is going to end up chopped up and put inside?!  They got rid of clothes, shoes, toys, puzzles, stuffed animals, dress up clothes, My Little Pony figures, ETC.!!!!1
So PROUD of them.  Usually little sister just wants to move big sister's stuff into her own room, but this time she was the main one to donate : )

Went thru most of my closet - I can now walk in it again : )

Sorted out paperwork/bill files for the new year and can actually GET TO THEM!!!  A key factor that has jacked me up before.

Went thru the kitchen cabinets and got rid of mismatched or unused plastic storage containers and gadgets that I don't use.  Although I did hold on to the bundt pan even tho I have never made a bundt cake...it's good to have goals...I am a pretty big baker, but mostly cookies and bars - cakes and pies are not exactly my gig...yet...

My main purpose/goal here is to be more realistic in exactly how much shit we own...I am done trying to cram 10 pounds of shit in my 5 pound bag...trying to get it down to around 7 pounds of shit...I live in southern California - I am not getting a bigger "bag" anytime soon : ( 

No comments:

Post a Comment