Friday, August 3, 2012

On being a 43 year old teenager...

So at this stage in my life...
(age 43)
You would think that I would be over most of my "mommy" issues
Not that I am a mommy, but that I have one...
and I lived with her, my dad and my 2 kids for the past 4 weeks...

I borrowed my dad's car, stole some of his cigarettes and went to meet my old high school friends and drink beer...felt like I was 17 again...
except
when I had to cook breakfast (not everyday), lunch and dinner (most days), take care of my kids and do laundry while my mom took a nap...
Don't get me wrong, I didn't show up and expect her to take care of my kids, but one of the tasks I took on while I was there was specifically so she could help me...
I signed my oldest up for a program called Brain Highways to help with some focusing issues she has to help her get ready for 7th grade - the catch?!  I also have a six year old...
So the plan was, I start the program and while we were working it, my mom would entertain the 6 year old...
not really what happened...
She would go lay down, sometimes in the playroom, where - you guessed it - all the toys were!
I know I sound like an ungrateful bitch or teenager, but I just need to vent a bit.

There are a lot of little things that happened and some not so little things...none of them matter in the long run, I just need a bitch, a break, a drink and a vacation from my vacation...




No comments:

Post a Comment