Friday, August 10, 2012

The past keeps crawling up my behind...

Question...


How do you put the past behind you when it keeps rearing it's head in your present?


Disclaimer:  I am on my period, I suffer from PMDD and no longer on meds for it AND I have a migraine today.


Sooooo, idiot me decides to call my mom...I call home everyday.  Mostly because Dad wants to know what "his girls" are up to.  I also like to know what is going on with them and this way Dad gets his "fix" and Mom can go thru her laundry lists of things she's done and I know that they are OK...

Today...

my brother was there when I called...


Which basically means I get ignored and she is completely disinterested in anything I have to say because in paying attention to me, she might miss something that the golden child says.  Also, my father cannot be interrupted for 5 minutes to talk to me during these visits...not because he doesn't want to, but because she doesn't tell him it's me on the phone...

Now, you may say that I am exaggerating or that I am being hypersensitive.  One of my sister's in law told me a few years ago that I need to let the past go and just move on....

easier said than done...

Example #1:

While visiting in July, I was on my cell phone in the back part of the house when my husband asked, "Did your brother just walk in the front door?"  To which I responded "How the hell did you know that?"  He said "The tone of your mother's voice just changed.  I could hear her perk right up".  It's true...and you can almost see the little hearts floating off of her head.  (I have had more than 1 person notice my mom's change in behavior when he shows up for a visit)

Example #2:

Again while in Florida this July, my mother took my 2 girls shopping to get them a toy or 2...while they were gone my brother called to say he was bringing 2 of his girls over...I told him mom was out with my girls, but they would all be back soon, but come on over...
He called my mom on her cell phone, she cut the shopping trip short and brought my girls home and said they would go out again later...have I mentioned that I live 2,000 miles away from my parents and that my brother lives 5 miles up the road?  Or mention how annoyed my mom was getting at my 6 year old who kept asking when they were going to go back and get her a toy?!

When I was a little kid, I went to bed at 8:00 so I could be ready for school...I would go to bed and my mom and brother would snuggle together on the couch and watch M.A.S.H. together...

have I mentioned that my brother is 5 years younger than me?

The more things change the more they remain the same...
just wish the results were different






No comments:

Post a Comment