Sunday, November 21, 2010

the birth of new traditions

It is amazing to me that my hubby is one of 6 children, 5 of them live in the same county, 1 lives an hour or so away and NO ONE really wants to get together for the holidays, birthdays or celebrations of pretty much any kind.  It used to be different, but as the family has grown it has become a major hassle/pain in the ass.  To me part of the fun of family is being ass deep in folks that are supposed to love and care about you no matter what...not just call you when then need something moved, painted or other fun manual labor type b.s.
So, now that I am not speaking to my mil, I have the freedom to do WHATEVER I WANT!!!!!  Traveling to Florida is now officially carved in stone (we've gone the past 3 out of 4 years because it is just more pleasant over there!)  I have trimmed the tree, decorated my stairs, overhauled the 2nd story balcony in a whole new way, busted out the fancy snowmen dinner plates that I have had for 15 years and NEVER used, and put up a small, lighted tree in each girl's room and let them each deocrate a wreath on their doors.  Behold - I am the Martha Stuart of the Trailer Park!!!  All fear me and beware my wrath!  Also, with the whole lack of communication spreading a bit thru the troops it is gonna cut way down on my baking time and let me focus on actually enjoying the holidays and really appreciating the people that appreciate me!  So now each night I will curl up with my nook and my Baileys laced hot chocolate and just simply be me : )

2 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty!!!
    does it light up?

    I gotta get my trailer lit up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it lights up! And the wreath in the middle...it's an old cardboard box I cut up and put old pine garland and lights around! Martha Stewart living on a doublewide budget ; )

    ReplyDelete