Friday, November 26, 2010

First holiday with our "new" extended family - a success!!!!

So, we went to Thanksgiving dinner at my sister in law's aun'ts place (she and I married brothers)...and it was beyond awesome!  The food was delicious, the people (all 22 of them in a two bedroom apartment mind you) were welcoming and the drama...basically non existent!!!!  There was one episode, but we had no backstory and didn't even realize it was going on...these guys even fight nice!  I have never felt so loved and welcomed and my children sooo catered to outside of my mother's house.  We were about to get out the cro-bar (sp?) because my kids didn't want to leave.  Thanks aunts K & K for loving us warts and all!

Spent time with hubby's baby brother and his lovely ladies today!  And by lovely...I mean it!  Thank God Miss I is so nice and sweet because otherwise I would have to hate her...it's bad enough to feel fat and have self esteem issues...try hanging out with a former international model (she's been on the cover of more than one Vogue, more than one time!) with a french accent!  She is beyond beautiful, taller than me, thinner than me AND is about to pop out a new baby for us to love on so she is effing glowing and spouting off phermones too!  And of course their daughter is beautiful too AND speaks french...did I mention that she's only 3?!  Merde!  It was great to see them...turn a trip to the nature center into dinner and out for dessert as well and the cousins got along great for not seeing each other for so long.

Oh, hark I hear my poor lonely bottle of Baileys calling me!  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment