Monday, January 24, 2011

next!

So I high-tailed it over to Home Fabrics again this weekend since the store location hasn't closed yet and the discounts are even bigger...got 4 yeards of this cute little stripe for $1.50/yd!!!!  My friend that just moved had an ottoman she wasn't using and ala-za-zam - presto chang-o my oldest has a cute little place to put her butt when helping little sister on the computer : )  My mother, who is the Queen of ALL things fabric would have done a better job drunk and half-blind, but I thinks it's pretty good for my first "slip cover". I've made clothes, pillows, blankets and the like but never anything for a piece of furniture that didn't involve me just plugging in about a million staples (covered some barstools and dining room chairs)

We also instigated a new policy in our house after a 2 day long overhaul in the kiddies room...first of all I made them help (which is why it took 2 days) this way they realize that cleaning/purging/organizing their rooms is work...the second part of my plan is "put it away or I will throw it away"  we'll see how it works, if it's on the floor when you crawl into bad for the night my little darlings...it will be gone in the morning.  Right now they are right where I want them - running scared and picking up thier crap!  Mwa-haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment