Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting closer!!!!

Downstairs Bathroom Remodel update:
The Vanity top is installed and I installed the backsplash and sidesplashes (is that really a word?  well, they go on either side of the sink....) and caulked everybody in all snug.  I have also painted the lower cabinet with the new wall color (Behr - Haze...a pretty beige) and the cabinet doors bright white.  Also, repainted the medicine cabinet bright white.  I started installing the faucet stuff to the new sink, but need some supervision and waiting till the hubby gets home.  Also, going to ply him with his choice of dinner to get him to change out the light fixture and put in a new outlet that is actually white.  I'm  more than a little afraid to deal with electricity.  Then all I will have to do is sand, paint and re-install the door moulding I removed and we will be good to go!  I really like the way this little sucker is headed....sometimes I just go in there and sit and stare at everything : )

Also bought some new lamps at Lowe's today and going to attack my bedroom...got 2 table lamps, 1 floor lamp and one accent lamp in satin nickel finish for $80...they came with white tulip shaped shades AND the light bulbs...not bad!

Gotta get all this $^*@ done before my mom gets out here on the 15th.  Shhhh...it's a secret, we are surprising the girls :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment