Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hey Mom...where's my stuff?!

I was taking a bit of time today, exploring some different blogs and DIY thingys and while dreaming and sighing and wishing that some of these places could be mine...I started looking closer...

Where is all their stuff?!

I mean, really - where's the stuff?  Toys, laundry, homework, the children, groceries - anything other than the Martha Stewart, Better Homes and Garden layout I'm currently viewing.  I'm all for cleaning up the place before you take a picture (this is why I don't have any "before" pictures...there's a reason I'm changing/getting rid of the stuff!) but is there like a mountain high pile of shit tettering behind you ready to snuff you out if it falls?
I know that some people have more than the 1,323 sf I am currently sporting, but come on...let your kids have some stuff..any stuff?!  I hold myself back in my quest/obsession with taking over (organizing!) my girl's room...as long as there are clean and neat and nothing is growing in there - it's ok...so their art, Lalaloopsy posters, puzzles glued together and pictures of friends dogs are all up on the walls.  At first it made me crazy...where was the theme?  Where was the balance?  the symmetry? 

Then I realized...I have my own room and now I embrace theirs and their own little spaces : )

No comments:

Post a Comment