Monday, May 2, 2011

Freedom of speech...unless you don't agree with me? WTH?!

So an old party friend from back in the day...you know like a million years ago in P'cola, FL in the club 2001 era (sigh...) posted a comment today on FB..
".if you don't like this post please tell me so i can delete you!"  it then states his opinion about Osama Bin Laden death...which he is entitled to...duh - AMERICA !
Mr. C is very liberal, very gay (married to his husband for 13 years I believe) and very pagan (wiccan last I knew)
I am very republican, hetero and Christian...yet I wouldn't even dream of deleting him for his opinion.  He was and is a very special part of my life regardless of his opinions...in fact maybe because of them.  Every self respecting 90's night-clubbing girl needed their best gay boyfriend - again - DUH! 
My conservativeness doesn't define who I am any more than my favorite color does.  It's a part of the whole...we are all complex creatures with infinitely many things deciding who we are and how we act...I embrace all things, not just the "big" ones...I am not big on labels...on wearing them or dishing them out.
I was actually unfriended by my very outspoken democratic brother in law (poor boy lives in Hollywood...he can't help it - lol!) until I pointed out to him that he was doing the very thing he was acusing me of - censoring him...why delete me because I am conservative?  I do find it more than a bit funny that some of the very people screaming to be heard would try to silence the voices that don't agree with them.
I don't usually get on my soap box often, if this can be even considered getting on one...but my feelings were hurt : (
I want to be free to be me too...

No comments:

Post a Comment